BYK-Gardner, exclusively represented in Spain and Portugal by ADI Instrumentos, together with the Color & Vision Group at the University of Alicante organized the second Iberian User Meeting in Alicante.
About 100 participants from the automotive industry, automotive suppliers and universities were present.
The seminar focused on challenges of color and appearance harmony in automotive coatings. New effect pigments and new coatings require innovative and reliable instruments for the quality control of color and other visual parameters. The target is “measure what you can see” because “you can’t manage what you don’t measure”.
Topics which were presented:
- New instrumentation and psychophysical procedures for the characterization of the visual appearance harmony; BYK-Gardner.
- New special-effect Pigments; Eckart.
- Side Effects of Sparkling Colors; BASF.
- Processing Parameters and their Influence on Final Appearance in Coated Plastic add on Parts for Automotive; PPG.
- New additives for improving of automotive coating processing; BYK-Chemie.
- Study about Automotive Silver Colors in Europe; BASF.
- Implementation Process of old and new Database by BYK-mac and BYK-mac I; Audi.
- Advances for a better Visual and Instrumental Correlation in Automotive Sector; University of Alicante.
- Color, Shape and Reflectance Perception; Audi.
- Matt Finishes, New Experiments; Cramer Consultant.
- Mottling Trends – BYK-Gardner cloud runner; BYK-Gardner.