At the Grupo ADI we work in the Electroplating area in collaboration with our client company MacDermid-Enthone, which has launched TRILYTE® Flash CL, a new trivalent chrome decorative finish.
Until now, hexavalent chromium was used, which was very harmful, and slated to be prohibited in decorative finishes as of 2024.
TRILYTE® Flash CL is an eco-friendly coating used to place a shiny layer of decorative chrome on glossy or satiny nickel deposits.
For automotive applications, the process is highly resistant to damage from salts containing calcium chloride. When used in combination with MacDermid-Enthone satiny or shiny nickel processes, and DUR NI microporous nickel, TRILYTE® Flash CL provides excellent CASS (> 80 hours).
- An alternative to systems based on hexavalent chromium
- Uniform color on parts featuring complex geometries
- Excellent color stability over time
- Eliminates exposure to hexavalent chromium
- A significant reduction in wastewater treatment costs
- Avoids the high start-up and maintenance costs associated with the use of MOX (iridium oxide) anodes
- Graphite anodes
For more information, here we provide you with the technical specs.